- Village Elections
2023 Village Election
March 21, 2023. 12 PM - 9 PM
In-person voting takes place in the Village Courtroom at Village Hall, 7467 S Broadway, Red Hook, NY 12571
2023 Forms & Ballots:
How to Vote Absentee:
- You may request an Absentee Application by mail/email/phone (link to application above)
- You must submit a completed paper form via mail or in-person at the Village Clerk’s office. The Village cannot accept emailed or digital absentee applications.
- To receive and absentee ballot by mail, the ballot application must be delivered to the Clerk of the Village of Red Hook on or before March 14, 2023 or postmarked by a governmental postal service not later than 7th day before election date (March 14, 2023).
- To receive and absentee ballot in person, the ballot application must be delivered to the Clerk on or before March 21, 2023.
- You may apply for absentee ballot if (Election Law § 15-120) :
- Absent from County for all hours of Election; or
- Unable to Appear Due to Illness or Disability
Running for Office:
- To Run for Elective Village Office Pursuant to Public Officers Law § 3, Individual Must be the Following by Election Day:
- 18 years old,
- Citizen of the United States, and
- Resident of the Village
- An individual may not run simultaneously for two Offices that are incompatible (ex. Trustee and Mayor).
- Candidates only appear on the Ballot by being nominated by a Political Party or Independent Nominating Body.